Welcome to the Callaghan Corner Family Blog!

Friday, November 20, 2009

A nice normal week!

Sorry I haven't posted much this week. We have a bit of an Internet connection problem, but Dan has showed me how to reset it when it cuts off.

We have had a pretty routine week. Great Wednesday out teen soul-winning! I didn't get to go with the teens this Wednesday because I didn't have a babysitter. There were 17 teens out soul-winning and 16 saved, though! Hooray! I love the zeal our teens have for souls.
Darren has had a rather "2-year-old" week, but we still have lots of fun. Here are a few of his "funnies" from the week. Being a mommy is never ending entertainment!
Daddy leaves for bus route early every Sunday morning, so Darren and I have a special treat for breakfast...we have cinnamon toast instead of toast with honey! A little thing, I know, but we enjoy making the little things fun. I want him to learn in every possible way to look forward to Sundays. I LOVE Sundays!
Anyways, Monday morning rolled around and we had our "regular toast." While we were sitting at the table eating breakfast he said, "Mommy, can we please have "SIN" toast?!" OH, how I LAUGHED over that one!! He thought we were having "SIN" toast on Sundays! How ironic is that??!
Also, while driving in the car this week. We were talking about eating dinner. I asked Darren what he liked to eat. He thought for a moment and said..."Sgabetti!" Which, I believe interpreted would be...spaghetti! Hee Hee!
And the last Darren funny...I love keeping whole nuts in the shell around the holidays. We enjoy cracking and eating them whenever we are sitting down to watch something or just relaxing in the evenings. (Plus I don't eat as many when I have to crack open the shell first!) Tuesday evening Dan, Darren and I were just relaxing after dinner and Darren began asking for some notes? He kept asking and asking..."Mommy, can we have notes? Mommy, can we have notes?" I was quite puzzled till I asked him to show Mommy. He promptly walked to the glass jar filled with hazelnuts and said..."Notes, Mommy!"
Here are a few pictures of our cute man from this week. Enjoy!
Darren "the cool dude" Callaghan.
He LOVES helping Daddy build a fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment