Welcome to the Callaghan Corner Family Blog!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday update...

We had a nice relaxing Monday morning since there was no school for teacher's work day. Dan was able to sleep in and we ate a nice breakfast together this morning. What a treat! Here are a couple pictures from today. Nothing spectacular, just our very cute little Darren man and Belle, our little dog.

Darren and Belle...Don't her eyes look evil?!


Darren enjoying his animal crackers...


Daddy and Darren playing with "snakes!"
I also have a GREAT report to post about our Sunday! One of our teen girls has been praying for, I think, about 2 years for her mom to come to church and to be saved. She and her cousins convinced her mom to come with some family yesterday to church for the first time! We were SO excited.

During invitation time I slipped to the back of the auditorium where she was sitting and asked her if I could show her some verses from the Bible to help her in her life. She agreed and sat down with me there in the back (She has been rather hesitant about church and God, etc, so I thought asking her to come to the altar might be a mistake).

I was able to open the Word of God and show her the only way to Heaven. She listened, bowed her head, and sweetly asked the Lord to take her to Heaven. I was moved to tears as we prayed thinking that God would use ME to do such an amazing work in someone's life! WOW! Serving the Lord is an awesome thing to do with your life! The Lord's work is the greatest work in the world! Thank you, God, for working through ME!

We also had a great number of teens there on Sunday morning, about 26, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment