Welcome to the Callaghan Corner Family Blog!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am SO Thankful...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I am so thankful to God for the many blessings he has bestowed upon our family this year. I am far away from my family this holiday season and missing all the Shepherd clan "hubub," but thankful to God for a second Christian family to be a part of! Dan's family is so wonderful!
We ate at Dave and Angie's house (Dan's brother). Mom Callaghan, Angie and I split up the cooking. We had a FEAST with plenty of yummy leftovers. We set some aside for Sunday dinner and split up the rest. We enjoyed time to sit around and chat, watched a few funny videos then headed home. I had the JOY of cleaning up and putting away food when I got home, but it sure is rewarding to be sitting here looking at a CLEAN KITCHEN! Aaaahhhh!
We watched "Pluto's Christmas Tree" an wonderful old Mickey Mouse cartoon, enjoyed a nice cozy fire together and a snack. Then Darren was off to bed. I think "family" and "home" are 2 of my very favorite words!
Tomorrow...one of my FAVORITE days of the year! We are going to cut down our Christmas tree, then come home and pull out all the Christmas decorations! Darren is pumped! So am I! We love carrying on the Shepherd family tradition!
Here is a picture of our cozy fire. We are thankful for all our friends and family and hope your day was special too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment