Welcome to the Callaghan Corner Family Blog!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Darren Got Saved!


III John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

On Tuesday, March 13th, Darren Paul Callaghan asked Jesus to come into his heart! What a joy as a parent to know that your child is on their way to Heaven someday!!!

He has been asking a lot of questions about Heaven for quite a while now, so I have been doing lots of explaining over the past several months. This morning a little while after he walked into the living room he asked me, "Mommy, when are you going to Heaven?" I told him hopefully a LONG TIME from now when God decides it is time for me to go and live with Him. Then he asked, "When is Daddy going to Heaven?" I told him the same thing. He thought for a minute, then he said "You and Daddy are going to Heaven, Faith is going to Heaven and Addie is going to Heaven." (These are his 2 cousins) He frowned and looked like he was going to cry and said, "I don't want to be left out."


I told him that I didn't want him to be left out either! I put Ashlyn in her playpen and we sat on mommy and daddy's bed. I read him all the verses and explained them (with much vivid animation :) for about 20 minutes. Every question I would ask him he knew the answer and definitely seemed to understand. I told him that night at devotions we would let Daddy talk to him and if Daddy felt like he understood he could pray and ask Jesus in his heart. So for evening devotions after Ashlyn was tucked in, Daddy did some explaining and question asking. We both felt that he really understood and was ready to make that decision. We all held hands and Dan led him in prayer; it brought sweet tears to my eyes!

So thankful for the wonderful privilege of being able to share this special decision with our son.

Happy "Spiritual" Birthday, Darren!

No comments:

Post a Comment