Welcome to the Callaghan Corner Family Blog!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Easy Yummy Crock Pot Supper!

Lots of times, if I see a cut of meat on sale in the store I will try to change my menu and buy it instead. This last visit, I had planned to make a slow cooker meal with beef. However, there was a package of pork steak on sale for half the price per pound as the beef. I bought the pork and decided to see what I could come up with.

My slow cooker meal is usually on Wednesdays which are a very busy day for me. Here is an easy way to fix the pork with just a couple easy ingredients and very little time.

Ingredients:

Pork Steaks (I used about 2 1/2 pounds)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
a little water
chopped onion
chopped garlic

(You could easily leave this step out if you are in a big hurry and don't want the mess. I think, however it adds GREAT flavor to your meat and your sauce for little effort.)
Heat a pan to high heat. While your pan is heating, rinse the meat and pat it dry with a paper towel. Salt and pepper each side of the meat. Dredge the meat lightly in some flour, shake off the excess flour. Add about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of oil to your hot pan and sear both sides of the pork, this takes about a minute and a half per side if your pan is super hot. You just want your pork to have a nice crusty brown color.

Place the pork directly into your crock pot so you don't lose any juices.

Chop half an onion (or a whole if you like lots of cooked onions) and 2 cloves of garlic. Put them on top of your pork.

Stir some water into your cream of mushroom soup till it can be easily poured like gravy. Pour this over your meat.

Turn your crock pot on low for 6 to 7 hours. Your pork should be fall apart tender and already have it's own gravy! (Be careful about super fatty pork or you will have a pretty greasy sauce.)

I turned on the rice maker when the pork was about 20 minutes from being done and made a simple salad.

Serve the pork over rice with a simple salad and...Easy Yummy Meal! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment